KY Aquatic Farming
The Spring 2016 KY Aqua Farming News is now available for download.
KY Aquaculture Articles
Learn more about the aqua farming industry in Kentucky. In the latest newsletter, you will enjoy the following aquaculture informational articles:
- Effect of Dietary Carbohydrate on Fish Health Indicators in Largemouth Bass During Second Year Grow-out in Ponds by James Tidwell, KSU Aquaculture Division Chair; Shawn Coyle, KSU Aquaculture Research Associate; and Leigh Anne Bright, KSU Aquaculture Research Associate.
- Size Selective Channel Catfish Harvest to Stock Kentucky Fee Fishing Ponds By Forrest Wynne, Kentucky State University State Extension Aquaculture Specialist, Graves County Cooperative Extension Office.
- How Many Pounds of Paddlefish can be Grown in a Pond? By Ken Semmens, Ph.D., Kentucky State University Aquaculture Research Center.
- Local Markets for Catfish in Kentucky by Siddhartha Dasgupta, Professor and Principal Investigator, Kentucky State University; Richard Bryant, Research Associate, Kentucky State University; and Alejandro Velasquez, Graduate Student, Kentucky State University.
- Indoor Marine Shrimp Production at Kentucky State University by Andrew Ray, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Kentucky State University Aquaculture.
For more information about Kentucky aquaculture, visit the KSU Aquaculture Research Center.
The 2016 Aquaculture Workshop will take place on Saturday April 23, 2016 at Kentucky State University Aquaculture Research Center, located at 103 Athletic Road in Frankfort, KY.
Moderator: Dr. Bob Durborow, State Extension Aquaculture Specialist
|9:45||Dr. Kirk Pomper||Welcome from College of Ag / AFE|
|10:00||Dr. Sid Dasgupta||Aquaculture Economics|
|10:15||Dr. Ken Semmens||Floating Raceways|
|10:30||Mr. Forrest Wynne||Western KY Aquaculture|
|10:45||Dr. Boris Gomelsky||Koi, and Koi x Goldfish Hybrids|
|11:00 – 11:30||Break to interact with speakers and other workshop participants|
|11:30||Dr. Bob Durborow||Fish Disease Management|
|11:45||Dr. Andrew Ray||Marine Shrimp|
|12:00 – 1:30||Lunch and Networking|
|1:30||Dr. Jim Tidwell||Prawns|
|1:45||Mr. Shawn Coyle||Largemouth Bass|
|2:00||Dr. Vikas Kumar||Fish Nutrition, red claws, etc.|
|2:15||Mr. Michael Tierney||Aquaculture Marketing|
|2:30||Tour of KSU Aquaculture Research Center|
|3:30 – 4:15||Kentucky Aquaculture Association (KAA) Meeting|
If interested in attending the aquaculture workshop, contact Dr. Bob Durborow at (502) 597-6581 or firstname.lastname@example.org.