The following article first printed in the Spring 2017 edition of the quarterly Oldham County Extension newsletter.
Extension Leader of the Year Nominations Being Accepted
The Extension Leader of the Year Award recognizes a volunteer leader for outstanding service and commitment to the Oldham County Cooperative Extension Service. Please think about leaders you know in your clubs and councils, and consider nominating someone today. This award will be presented by the Oldham County Extension District Board during the Fiscal Court Appreciation Brunch this spring.
Past Extension Leaders of the Year include Jon Bednarski, Oren Clore, Pat DeChurch, Terri Griffin, Kathy Hockersmith, Faye Korthaus, Joyce McKinney, Ron and Bettie Miller, and Peggy Townsend.
Based on the following criteria, nominate someone you feel is worthy of recognition for contributions to the Oldham County Cooperative Extension Service:
- Demonstrates outstanding leadership qualities and a positive attitude.
- Dedicates numerous service hours on behalf of Oldham County Extension.
- Serves in such a way that some aspect of Extension would have suffered without their service.
To make a nomination, mail the following information to Oldham County Extension, 1815 N. Hwy 393, La Grange, KY 40031 or email email@example.com.
- Name of Nominee and Club Name, if applicable
- Program Areas involved (4-H, Ag, FCS)
- Nominated by
- List the nominee’s leadership roles and community service activities.
- Describe the nominee’s contributions to the Oldham County Cooperative Extension Service, including the significance and impact of these contributions.
Deadline for nominations is April 14.