- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup sweet potatoes, cooked and mashed
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- In a medium bowl, combine flours, sugar, cinnamon, and nuts.
- In a separate medium bowl, mix sweet potatoes, eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla.
- Pour liquid mixture into flour mixture; stir until dry ingredients become wet. Be careful not to over stir.
- Preheat a griddle or skillet over medium-high heat. Spray with cooking spray. Drop heaping tablespoon of batter onto prepared griddle. Cook until golden brown, turning once with a spatula when the surface begins to bubble. Continue cooking until the other side is golden brown. Repeat process, making 12 pancakes.
About Amazing Pancakes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Makes 6 servings
Serving size: 2 pancakes
Cost per recipe: $3.45
Cost per serving: $0.58
Nutrition facts (optional nuts not included) per serving: 260 calories, 8 g total fat, 1.5 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 95 mg cholesterol, 320 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 10 g sugar, 9 g protein, 170% Daily Value (DV) vitamin A, 10% DV calcium, 10% DV iron
Source: Brooke Jenkins-Howard, Curriculum Coordinator for Kentucky Nutrition Education Program, University of Kentucky Cooperative Extension Service
Find other healthy recipes on the Oldham County Extension website.